How to Apply
Scholarships through the Edna P. McCurdy Scholarship Foundation are available only to Shareholders of the Ounalashka Corporation and their descendants. Please read the following list of items very carefully. All interested applicants must submit the following documents with their completed application form:
- Official grade transcripts (most recent). Official grade transcripts are mailed from the issuing institution and are sealed by the registrar. You must request that these be mailed to the Foundation directly from the school;
- Written evidence of acceptance from school for which scholarship or trade grant is requested;
- Estimation of expenses (tuition, room and board, books, and lab fees) from the school at which you have been accepted;
- Brief explanation of your reasons for requesting scholarship or trade grant (minimum 1/2 page), and;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a person who has known you for at least two (2) years.
It is important to submit all of the required documentation relating to the application.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED
Mail your original application and accompanying documents to:
The Edna P. McCurdy Scholarship Foundation
PO Box 149
Unalaska, AK 99685-0149